SVG detects the phase angle difference and generates leading or lagging current into the grid, making the phase angle of current almost the same as that of voltage on the transformer side, which means fundamental power factor is unit.
The Static VAR Generator(SVG) is able to improve power factor for a lagging or leading displacement Power factor.SVG is also modular in design, and the SVG system consists of one or several SVG modules and an optional Liquid Crystal Monitor & Control Panel (LCM).
Each SVG module is an independent reactive power compensation system, and users can change the SVG rating by adding or removing SVG modules. SVGs deliver real-time inductive or capacitive reactive power compensation. SVG can rapidly and continuously compensate both inductive and capacitive reactive power, and correct load imbalance. With sufficient capacity, the SVG ensures excellent fundamental power factor improvement performance. Rapid response time provides stable and accurate power factor correction without the drawbacks of conventional solutions like capacitor banks and reactor banks.
- Capability to deliver instantaneous capacitive and inductive reactive power compensation.
- Optimized for highly dynamic applications where conventional capacitor banks or reactor banks are unable to track the loads.
- Allow compensation of loads fed by generators without risk of overcompensation.
- Inject reactive power that is required by the load at each instant into the system.
- Over dimensioning not necessary: Compensation capacity equals the installed capacity.
- Unaffected by network voltage drop. Full reactive current can be provided to meet required demand under reduced network voltage level.
- Complete protection: Grid over/under voltage, SVG over current, over temperature, and others. All faults recorded inevent log, convenient for failure analysis.
- Simple dimensioning and installation.
|Rated Frequency||50Hz (60Hz) +/- 10%|
|Rated Voltage||AC 400V|
|Output Rating||Customized as per site requirements Other output ratings, switching combination or design voltages are available upon request|
|Rated Current per Module & Rated Current per Cabinet||50~350kvar (module combination)
Other ratings, switching combination or design voltages are available upon request
|Imbalance Correction Capability||Mitigate negative and zero sequence|
|Reactive Power Compensation Performance||Cosφ≥0.99 after compensation (if the SVG capacity is sufficient)|
|Reactive Power Compensation Capability||Both inductive and capacitive reactive power compensation|
|Parallel Expansion(System)||Up to 10 Racks(7 modules per cabinet)|
|Communication||Modbus Protocol, RS485|
|Protection class||IP20, IP30 or customization|
|Ambient Temperature||-10~40°C with 100% capacity, de-rating running from 40~55°C|
|Cooling method||Intelligent forced air cooling|
|Controller||DSP IGBT FPGA control|
|Thermal Loss||≤3% of SVG rated capacity (kVA)|