The analysis of “Power Quality” evaluates the electrical energy going to equipment in the form that will allow the system to operate properly, efficiently and minimize long term risk to that equipment. Proper power quality maintains control over process au tomation equipment, digital controls, and motor drives. Poor voltage waveforms can lead to uncessary and costly disruptions for electronically controlled equipment. The need for proper Power Quality has also become increasingly important for companies inte rested in energy conservation and continuous control
POWER QUALITY PROBLEMS & TROUBLESHOOTING’ Most power quality issues result in performance, safety and overheating problems. In particular, power distribution polluted by harmonic can lead to:
- Over voltage / current in the distribution network
- Overheaing of equipment
- Nuisance tripping
- Malfunction of automated controls
- Damage to capacitor
- Inaccuracy of instrument measurement
- Interference in telecommunication systems
Troubleshooting power quality problems can be accomplished in many ways. One of the simplest methods is to start off by determining into which of four major categories a potential problem falls. These areas are:
- A grounding problem
- A transient problem
- A harmonics problem
- No power quality problem at all. Each of these studies, are listed within.
We can diagnose any of these problems to help you control and monitor these events, and provide solutions to prevent harmonic problems in the future.
SUGGESTED SERVICES FOR A POWER QUALITY AUDIT / STUDY
- Temporary metering and monitoring of the electrical system to analyze power system disturbances and interruptions that will decrease productivity, reliability and efficiency. We can perform the tests for each area of your facility to detect harmonic issues, power quality and determine the load per area. These power quality tests may require hours or weeks, depending on the complexity of the problem and the level of detail required.
- Evaluation to identify and diagnose electrical system and equipment risks and procedures before they become costly problems.
POWER QUALITY MONITORING & ON SITE MEASUREMENTS
- Power quality studies, harmonic analysis and harmonic filter design.
- Power quality metering and monitoring and on site measurements.
- Temporary and permanent power quality monitoring to facilitate problem solutions.
- Power monitors capture voltage and current harmonic distortion and disturbances that can adversely impact electronic equipment.
- Documenting and trending system performance to increase system reliability.
Major Parameters Covered
- Peak Voltage and current, Frequency.
- Active, reactive and apparent power per phase and their aggregate.
- Active, reactive energy - consumed and produced (export / import).
- Harmonics for voltage, current up to the 50th order.
- Flicker measurements.
- Power factor.
- Displacement factor and Tangent.
- Neutral current.
- Crest Factor for V and I.
- K factor for currents.
- V and I unbalance in %.
- Total Harmonic Distortion Factor.
- Inrush capture.
- Transients Recording
E-Cube Advantage – A specialist in the field of Power Quality
E-Cube has a dedicated team comprising of experienced individuals to carry out such an analysis with the latest measurement instruments available at its disposal. E-Cube being a leading specialist in the field of Power Quality, is best positioned to help execute guaranteed remedial solutions based on the issues reported.Contact Us