- IEEE 519, Power quality
- Accurate PF Control
- Long Life Capacitor duty contactors
- Cost Effective
The BITmatic series of automatic capacitor banks come in three variants –tuned, de-tuned and without filters. These panels use the SPFCR-3 series of microprocessor based PF controllers which senses load from all the three phases thereby allowing for more accurate PF control while also providing for superior performance, monitoring and data logging capabilities. All ratings of panels have suitable forced cooling arrangement through the use of requisite number ofthermostats and cooling fans. These panels come with a wide range of configuration options for capacitor types, PF controllers, protection and construction to suite site-specific requirements.
Benefits of Power factor correction
The benefits that can be achieved by applying thecorrect power factor correction are:
- Environmental benefit. Reduction of power consumption due to improved energy efficiency. Reduced power consumption means less greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel depletion by power stations.
- Reduction of electricity bills
- Extra kVA available from the existing supply
- Reduction of I2R losses in transformers and distribution equipment
- Reduction of voltage drops in long cables.
- Extended equipment life – Reduced electrical burden on cables and electrical components.